Special Events

Young St. Edward family lost all possessions in fire; donation drive is underway

A young St. Edward family, Caleb and Kendra Roberts and their two children, lost all of their possessions in a house fire on Thursday, Nov. 17.
The family was out of town shopping that day, and found their home on fire when they returned. They were not harmed in the blaze, and they have been staying with friends since the fire. Their children are a boy, age one, and a girl, age three.
Items they will need include clothing for both children and adults, all types of household items, furniture, appliances, personal care items, cleaning supplies and more.
A GoFundMe page has been established for the family. Donated items can be dropped off at Pizza Hut in Albion, the Genoa Medical Clinic, C & S Convenience Store in St. Edward, and Club 81 in Humphrey.
The family also needs essential items like soap, shampoo, toothbrushes, tylenol, towels, deodorant, etc.

Blizzard Warning

Issued:
9:50 PM CST on January 21, 2018
Expires:
6:00 PM CST on January 22, 2018
33° F
Overcast
Overcast